Creating a Five Star Dental Hygiene Appointment Patient Dismissal will:
- Patients perceive quality care
- Continues the elegant and effective patient communication
- Increases rapport
- Effectively transitions patients to front desk to schedule restorative appointments, etc., and discuss financial arrangements
- Increases case acceptance
- Improves the hygiene recare system
Before the hygienist walks the patient to the front desk the hygienist should have spent 1-2 minutes scheduling the patients next hygiene appointment.
The hygienist will repeat to the front desk auxiliary what was completed during the hygiene appointment, what needs to be scheduled, for how long the next appointment with doctor needs to be and when the patient needs to see doctor for their restorative needs.
The hand-off at the front desk also provides confidentiality when patients need to discuss financial arrangements.
Today’s video goes more in-depth about dismissal of the hygiene patient.
How are your patient dismissals going?
Please comment below and let us know how this information will help your dental practice.
If you are a hygienist, do you run late? Does it feel like you never have enough time to complete patient appointments?