When I spoke at a dental meeting the other night a dentist shared that his patient refused treatment for scaling and root planing. Their reasoning was that they were going to wait for Obama Care to pay for it.
I have also heard from many other offices that patients are refusing to accept their treatment plans.
It is our responsibility to educate our patients about WHY treatment is necessary and to have treatment now.
There are systems and programs to help you and your staff deal with these issues.
Here are a few steps to keep your patients coming back:
- Train your team to overcome patient objections to returning for treatment (Refer to: DPS Case Acceptance Program: Get to “YES” and Increase Profits! as well as our 30 Day DH Profits Program -Days 23 & 24)
- Provide your patients with access to flexible financing options if cost is the issue (Refer to our 30 Day DH Profits Program)
- Educate your patients to understand the value of treatment (sooner than later. No more waiting for later to treat) Refer to our 30 Day DH Profits Program
- You and the team need to understand what Obama Care means for your dental practice and how patient care will be affected (Dental patients will still have a need for dental insurance after January 1, 2014)
- There are several programs available to you from us to understand what this means for your dental practice: online consultations, phone conference calls, on-site visits, etc
From the important financial side, here is the reality for your dental practice:
If you have 1 patient a week over the last 14 weeks of the year, turn down their treatment plan and the lost revenue is $1,000 per treatment plan, this is $14,000 of lost revenue to your dental practice.
If this information hits a nerve, then you need to contact our office. We are here to support you with products and consulting services. Call us today to find the right solution for your dental practice needs. Call Toll-free: 888-816-1511
Have your patients asked you about the Healthcare Reform -Obama Care? Are you patients hesitant to accept treatment? Comment below and let us know what is going on in your office in the comments section below.
Debbie Seidel-Bittke, RDH, BS is founder of Dental Practice Solutions, and has successfully designed efficient dental hygiene departments that result in high performance dental teams for over 13 years. Her focus is providing optimal patient health while consistently increasing profits for the dental practice.
Debbie is an accomplished author who also speaks internationally about her signature systems and services for the dental hygiene department. She utilizes the most recent science and research to prevent disease while increasing the teams’ enthusiasm and guiding the dental team to consistently increase profits. She is known as one of Dentistry Today’s TOP consultants. Her eagle eye observations, years of research and development as well as her customized programs are what make her known as one of the best!
Debbie works with dental practices throughout the world implementing her signature dental hygiene systems as well as customized solutions for efficiency in your front and back office. She can be reached at: www.dentalpracticesolutions.com, email@example.com or call: 888-816-1511.